Thursday, April 30, 2009

Debates and Faulty Logic

As you research the arguments for your debates, you want to be sure that your logic is sound. During the debates, listen carefully to your opponents to be sure there are no flaws in their logic. This slideshow is designed to help you avoid using faulty logic.

(Unfortunately, the slideshow was hosted at Bubbleshare which has since closed.)

Watch the video below about Global Warming, paying attention to the arguments the speaker gives and determine whether you think his reasoning is solid or flawed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Stievanny. I am an Indonesian who is now studying in Taiwan.
I've listened to your arguments, and I thought that was solid enough. However there's a part which I did not really get what you mean, which is in Column "false" and "yes". You said if the G-CC is not be real and we did take action, that means we already wasted money, and we are in a global economic depression.
1. In what way "wasted money" did you mean?
2. Why did you say there will be a global economic depression? Don't you think that was to extreme to be true?
Well, I don't want to say that it was completely unreasonable, but I think that part was not strong enough to be one of your argument.
I think even if the G-CC turn out to not be true, and we did take action, actually we didn't wasted money at all, maybe I will consider it as a preventive way to prevent the global warming.
However overall, I really like your arguments. It gave me some new ideas about Global Warming.


Regards,
Stievanny

12:05 AM  
Blogger Saša said...

Hi Jane and students,
I liked this video - I think the author made his point very clearly. Not everything can be measured in terms of costs.
Warm regards from Slovenia

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home